Traineeship international trade 2023
Are you a team player with commercial flair and professional appearance?
Do you like to travel to exotic destinations?
Are you fluent in Dutch, English and French/Spanish?
You don’t want to be ‘just a number’?
If the answer is YES, then we want YOU as a STEEL TRADER TRAINEE for our global markets!
Our spacious & modern office is located in the heart of Antwerp.
It is tailored for the needs of the new
generation of employees:
• Isolated work spaces;
• High end conference call areas;
• Informal chill out room;
• A ‘take a nap’ room;
• A private rooftop with terrace overlooking Antwerp;
• A fully equipped kitchen to cook your own healthy lunch;
• Stand-up desks;
• Sport facilities;
• Proximity to the central park & showers to use after your lunch work-out/run;
• A pool table;
• Yoga & boot camp sessions together with your colleagues.
We provide a structured course to become an independent steel trader. Your training will begin at our
headquarters in the heart of Antwerp.
We start with an intense training of 12 to 24 months to let you master the operational side of the
business. You will help the senior trader with operational tasks.
During this first part of training, you will get trained in product knowledge, documentation, contracts,
commercial skills, quick calculations, analyze prize structures, work out analyzes, start-up commercial
actions, control risks, …
After proven skill, you will be supporting smaller existing clients from the senior trader under his supervision.
During this time you will join the senior trader on business trips & worldwide conferences.
After 18 to 24 months, depending on your skill and progress, you will be appointed your own market that you may singlehandedly develop.
• Our ideal candidate must:
• Be an enthusiastic team player;
• Have strong commercial insights;
• Be willing to travel to exotic destinations;
• Be fluent in Dutch, English and French/Spanish;
• Graduates with a Master’s Degree in Commercial Engineering, Applied Economical Sciences, International Business or equivalent.
NICE TO HAVES
• We are preferably looking for:
• Recent graduates;
• Graduates with interest in international trade;
• Candidates with easy access to our Antwerp offices.
We offer you a position in a smaller company where you are not just a number. You will enjoy one-on-one training by experts and have the opportunity to show & grow your potential.
You will be welcomed in a no-nonsense environment of a growing and ambitious SME where team spirit comes first.
• Young and enthusiastic colleagues;
• The opportunity to grow and to develop your personal skills;
• Quarterly Team Events;
• Meal vouchers;
• Medical insurance;
• Group Insurance;
• Flexible work hours;
• Fun incentives;
• Smartphone + subscription;
• After proven skills:
• Personal bonus.
Candidates will send their CV & motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by 20/06/2023;
Stand out candidates will be welcomed at our FerroMac office for the selection event in the 1st half of July 2023;
Final candidates will be invited to the informal FerroMac diner in the 2nd half of July 2023;
Selected candidates will start our traineeship on the 4th of September 2023.
Still not convinced?
Take a look at our current team of young experts on our website https://ferromac.com/team/, average age 30, who will become your mentors and coaches.
Check our explanation movie: